Monday, May 28, 2012

Rookie Mistakes again - it seems there is no end to my inattention to my duties as a photographer on the prowl for good shoots, and good shots. This self defamation is somewhat defended by family being in house from out of town, but not really, it is just another excuse.Okay so I have excuses. But, I am getting way past beating myself up, and looking mostly on the side where the glass is full, and sometimes i confess half full.

All in all I put my Nikon D200 through some tough situations for lighting but the
AF-S Nikkor 18mm to 70 mm, was indispensable for close ups and wide angles. Back lighting flare ups did creep in a little but all in all they were respectable shots both inside and outside.

Now I believe in the shoot by numbers. Meaning I will let the camera rip and take four frames a second.

So, the rookie mistake? Well I ripped through the first three quarters of the birthday party with loads of shots, but had burned up the battery, the only one I brought with me, and no charger to get the pack up and charged again. And, never once even thought about looking at the battery indicator, or checking it's status.

Okay, and, this is my first grandsons, first birthday . Ouch !

All in all I got some respectable shots without paining the guest to to much, and of course the guest of honor, Brody R. who turned one year old on May 18,2012. But, the fact that I missed the presents and cake, ouch again. Hopefully they will be filled in with others who could upload the remainder of the party.

The Kicker ?? I had already charged a second battery to take with me and did not!! The exact thing I had bought it for,  a back up! And failed.

Seems I am always one day short............

Will someone fill the remainder of  the glass please ?








No comments: